Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tricked by a Ten Year Old

          Although I can "can a can as canner can can a can", I can also get fooled by a ten year old. Today, a student asked me if I could count to ten. Obviously, I was offended that she thought I couldn't count in French. To be fair, I probably mispronounce even my numbers. I started counting, trying to sound as French as possible. She said I failed. I didn't start with zero.
          Also, warning parents: I had the students dictate their telephone numbers to one another to practice numbers. I did the example with the teacher and gave my own house number. I immediately realized that may not have been smart, so I quickly erased a 9 and wrote an 8. The entire class immediately got out pieces of paper and pens and wrote down the number. Then they asked if they could call. I told them it was expensive. Thirty nine year olds are apparently planning on using all their piggy bank money to prank call California. I pity whoever's phone number is one 8 off out of my house phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment