Monday, October 8, 2012

An Accidental Solo


          I accidentally sang solo in a semi-professional choir this evening.
One of my teachers was dying for Kat, Laura, and me to go with her to her choir. I went, reminding her several times that I really can’t sing and despite ten years of piano, really can’t read music. She promised that was okay. I practiced lip-syncing in the car.
As per usual, the Bonneville singing group’s median age was 60, so we obviously fit in swimmingly. They warmed up with the chords as I shrank closer and closer to Kat, who sings beautifully, in hopes that her voice would suffice for my lip-synching. Unfortunately, I forgot to lip sync during part of one song and carried the note. Solo. The director noticed, and somehow knew it was me. He then chastised me in front of the entire choir for singing when I was supposed to have stopped, for singing too fast, and for singing off key. I suppose I even look like I can’t sing.
Then we started singing in Hebrew, which also didn’t go well for me. Volleyball starts again next week, so I will doe-rai-(see) myself out of that choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment