Monday, October 29, 2012

Paris, je t'aime

Typical tourist photo, but at least my fur matches Notre Dame!
         In France, teachers work for six weeks and then get two weeks off. This excellent system means that after three weeks in the classroom, we are now on vacation! Laura and I headed to Paris on the SNCF fast train.
        We stayed with Laura's friend Yannis Saturday night. He lives in the 13th arrondissement, which is chock-full of Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese shops and restaurants. We went to a pho place for dinner, where I had two bowls of pho with the excuse that it was freezing. You'd think that Bonneville, tucked into the Alpes, would be colder than Paris, but you'd be wrong. Vain side note, I am wearing different clothes every day, but I only brought one coat (and to think that I almost nixed bringing it!) so I've been walking the streets of Paris in shame, like a serial fashion repeater.
         After dinner, we went out on the Grands Boulevards to several Irish bars, where all the Parisians were dressed up for Halloween! In France, Halloween costumes tend towards the scary (think Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls). The bar was full of zombies and monsters and skeletons and lots of fun!

Quartier Latin

No comments:

Post a Comment