Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jump Fit


            I went to my first “Jump Fit” class tonight, thinking that was the French way of saying Zumba or some other cardio class. Obviously, it was literally jumping. With a jump rope. Which is incredibly difficult. I really need to learn to take English words in French at face value.
            Everyone else seemed to be incredibly nimble, managing to hop on one foot at a time, unlike me, and at three times my pace. For every one perfect “saute”, I had countless jumps in which I got the jump rope wrapped around my hair and my shoe at the same time, slapped myself in the face, or barely missed whacking the instructor.
            Luckily, the instructor’s wife liked us and gave us a discount. She works for our insurance agency and knew we were English assistants - clearly we are known townspeople now!

No comments:

Post a Comment