Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Les Touristes

           We ambled around the Quartier Latin, took touristy pictures in front of Notre Dame, and walked through Les Halles. This evening, we made ratatouille with Christelle and went a 1995 rap concert. I've never been to a concert that's such a show or, in French, "une spectacle". The rappers were incredibly dynamic. The concert was at the Olympia, a medium-sized venue that felt intimate because the rappers were so dynamic. They actually got the crowd clap, move sides, jump, rap, and run...I got my workout in for the day and I felt uber French "singing" one line per song correctly. Here's The Motto video.
           Today, we walked around the Bastille and Laura bought fabulous Aigle rainboots, like mine! We  met her friends from uni and went to a Jewish fallafel place in the Marais. It was literally the best falafel in the world and my fellow Yelpers agree: L'As du Fallafel.


No comments:

Post a Comment